Are Highlighters Toxic?

Highlighters are slightly harmful and do not offer a significant health risk to anyone. The majority of highlighters, pens, and markers contain colours, traces of alcohol, and glycol or glycol ether. Large levels of glycol can be dangerous, although trace or small amounts are not.

Ingestion of highlighter ink may cause skin discoloration and moderate stomach distress. If consumed, observe the individual for any unusual symptoms.

The skin’s surface may be harmed by the use of cleaning products on the stained area. After a few days, the stain vanishes by itself. Call the nearest poison control centre or see a doctor if unexpected symptoms are observed.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *